Happy JUSTJune! During the month of June, we’re partnering with JUST, formerly known as Just Media, to bring you a series of episodes featuring some of the women behind their recent rebrand, culminating in a panel discussion about the rebrand itself. We’ve been working hard to bring this to you and we can’t wait for you to hear all of these fantastic conversations.
On this episode of The Lady Tech Marketer Podcast, we’re talking to Meagan Phillips, Director of Marketing Communications at JUST. Meagan has been named one of Adweek’s 30 Under 30 Emerging Communications Leaders and has won awards in marketing for her work with multiple brands, including HP, Adobe, and Chevrolet. She has a wide range of experience and has worked within the San Francisco government, in broadcast news, at an Oscar winning visual effects studio, and at world-renowned advertising agencies. We’re excited for you to hear about her experience, her advice for women in tech marketing, and her tips for building a personal brand. Hope you enjoy!
Some of the topics we discussed:
- The power of a personal brand and how to get started on yours
- Why you have to focus on making a contribution, not just a career
- The JUST brand refresh
- How to build a master plan for your marketing career
- Diversity and inclusion - a must in marketing and at your company
- Women owning their power vs. deferring to modesty
- Why you should nominate yourself for an award
- Opportunities for marketers in the virtual reality space
- Inspiration from Queen O - Oprah Winfrey
Connect with Meagan and Lady Tech Marketer here:
This episode is sponsored by TCI Lead Gen.
TCI Lead Gen is a cloud-enabled demand gen startup that helps B2B marketers achieve their goals. TCI’s lead gen programs create the best B2B leads ever available. Find out more about TCI and how they make the best B2B leads at www.thebestb2bleads.com.
The views and opinions presented in this podcast belong solely to the interviewes and interviewees and do not reflect an official statement or opinion of the authors' employer(s), past employers, or any other organization or committee these authors may have been, currently are or will be affiliated with.
This podcast is produced by Lady Tech Marketer.