On this episode, we’re talking to Sangita Sarkar, a powerhouse marketing executive armed with a JD in intellectual property law. Her career has been focused on product marketing for mobile games, and she has driven growth at Glu Mobile, Jam City, and Zynga. She made a name for herself in product marketing when she started developing the concept of Method Marketing, resulting in an incredibly triumphant launch of the popular Harry Potter Hogwarts Mystery mobile game, and many more very successful mobile game launches. Fun fact: We met Sangita through some mutual friends and she was going to speak on our live podcast panel, so we’re excited for you to still get to hear about her career in marketing and the work she has done to advocate for diversity in mobile gaming and marketing. We hope you enjoy!
Some of the topics we discussed:
- Method Marketing and how she created it
- Risk aversion, fear of failure, and imposter syndrome
- How to build resilience and a growth mindset
- Seize, don't freeze - why we must not only seize opportunities, but also create them for ourselves
- Her incredible story about meeting Will Smith, what she asked him, and how he inspired her
- The importance of diversity in the workplace and how to create more access for women and people of color
- Tips for eliminating biases in hiring and promoting
- Communication issues women face at work and how to overcome them
- Mentors vs. Sponsors - what the terms mean and how they can help you
- How the work we do can create ripples of change for good across the world
- Inspiration from Becky Ann Hughes, Vanessa Rouhani, Deepthi Menon, and Phuong Phillips
Connect with Sangita and Lady Tech Marketer here:
This episode is sponsored by TCI Lead Gen.
TCI Lead Gen is a cloud-enabled demand gen startup that helps B2B marketers achieve their goals. TCI’s lead gen programs create the best B2B leads ever available. Find out more about TCI and how they make the best B2B leads at www.thebestb2bleads.com.
The views and opinions presented in this podcast belong solely to the interviewes and interviewees and do not reflect an official statement or opinion of the authors' employer(s), past employers, or any other organization or committee these authors may have been, currently are or will be affiliated with.
This podcast is produced by Lady Tech Marketer.